CARE is seeking an experienced Country Office (CO) Finance Controller to develop, coordinate and administer the CO plans for proper recording, documentation, control, monitoring and reporting of financial operations. The CO Controller is responsible for the day-to-day financial operations at the CO level. S/he plans, organizes, directs, and is responsible for providing quality financial services to all projects, units and staff in the CO. S/he works closely with the CD and Senior Management to ensure that a partnership is developed between Finance, Program and Administration. S/he assumes responsibility for implementation of donor rules and regulations at the CO level.
S/he is an integral member of the CO Senior Management team.
The CO Controller profile includes the following: very strong accounting and finance knowledge, analytical skills, attention to details, ability to work effectively under time pressure, very strong business partnering skills with ability to influence CO senior staff, team player, proactive individual with ability to offer structured guidance, ability to ensure that the right priorities are set for the CO finance team, proven experience of training finance and non-finance staff, proficiency in English language.
- Treasury and cash functions
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial reports and quality reviews
- Staff and talent management
- Country office senior management team member
- General and other duties
- Certified Public Accountant, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or equivalent
- At least three years as a Controller or equivalent experience
- Five to ten years experience in not-for-profit financial, budgeting, accounting, financial reporting, grants/contract management, and business management in developing countries
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, reporting and grants and contract management processes
- Facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups
- Solid analytical and problem solving, financial troubleshooting and audit experience
- Ability to maintain customer focus while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly earn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Excellent leadership, coaching and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Good skills at using financial software applications
- Excellent knowledge of French and English languages
- Knowledge of Global Fund rules and regulations highly desired
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all
backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE’s career website at any time.