We are recruiting for 2 Associate Directors to be based in DRC and Nigeria to help Country Offices in Africa (CO) achieve greater program impact by successfully positioning for and acquiring new funding from the USG and other donor accounts with whom Save the Children US works. The Associate Director will build/strengthen relationships with key donors and potential partners in Africa and lead proposal development efforts and work with Country Office(CO) staff in their efforts to strengthen the CO’s systems and capacities for resource mobilization.
- Provide quality control to grant/contract proposals through the design, implementation and/or review of response strategies and action plans for technical and cost proposals, including team managing the proposal process, writing, reviewing and editing proposal sections, graphics, work plans, budget spreadsheets and narratives; managing partner relations; overseeing final proposal production for submission to donors.
- Build and maintain relationships with key USAID and other donor staff as well as in-country local and international partners who are implementing programs in the CO’s desired growth areas (geographic and programmatic). Support senior national CO staff in relationship strengthening with appropriate contacts in these organizations and other key networks.
- Develop and/or maintain documentation on the objectives, targets and successes/results achieved of CO projects, suitable for use in proposals/capacity statements in all SCI thematic areas. Work with CO staff to integrate routine updating of documentation into CO systems.
- Strengthen CO staff capacity and processes to position for and acquire new funding, with a focus on USAID, by integrating all work into CO processes and systems.
- 8-10 Years experience in international development, including at least 5 years experience with program/proposal development for large, multi-partner, multi-million dollar programs
- Successful field experience with a non/for profit entity.
- Proven proposal success with USAID and multi-lateral donors.
- Experience/expertise in one or more of SC’s thematic areas.
- Master’s degree in international development or related field.
- Experience in East and/or West Africa highly desireable.
Full - Time
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
Save the Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.