Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 76 projects in 36 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Business and Operations Manager, Mozambique
We are currently seeking a Business and Operations Manager for a prospective multiyear community engagement and livelihoods project that will build the capacity of smallholder farmers in Mozambique to produce high-quality horticultural products and pursue sustainable livelihoods. The project will include a value chain assessment of vegetable markets to identify target horticultural crops; strengthen producer associations and partners; deliver training and technical assistance in horticultural production; improve access to high-quality inputs, technology and finance; improve post-harvest handling; and strengthen market linkages.
-Provide strategic leadership, oversight and management to the project’s finance and accounting team by supervising a small team of staff and ensuring the maintenance of a high-performing and effective department.
- Accounting Information Systems:
- Using QuickBooks, maintain a comprehensive accounting information system that supports program activities, accountability and decision making, and enhances financial performance reporting and transparency.
- Ensure QuickBooks is set up in a multiuser environment so all relevant officers can have instant access to accounting information without compromising the security and integrity of financial records.
- Introduce QuickBooks policies and enhance use of audit trial to minimize errors and promote accountability and information-based accounting staff appraisals.
- Train staff in proper use of QuickBooks for recording, analyzing and reporting financial-transaction information.
- Budget and Budget Monitoring:
- Ensure all project financial transactions are allowable, reasonable and allocable, as well as within the established financial management policies of ACDI/VOCA, the private sector donor and local regulations.
- Monitor budget/financial performance and program deliverables, and use financial performance to measure technical performance and inform decision making.
- Strengthen collaboration between finance and the technical team to ensure full involvement of field finance staff in budget and budget monitoring.
- Work with relevant technical officers to modify the work plan template and structure to use the work plan as a program, operations and finance planning, implementation, and monitoring tool.
- Refine the activity coding system to capture budget and actual cost information at the activity level and use the information to measure financial and program performance by region, component, value chain, result, output and activity.
- Introduce and sustain monthly budget performance reporting mechanisms, including monthly financial performance review meetings.
- Internal Control and Compliance:
- Using ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures as a platform, enhance checks and balances, separation of incompatible positions, and accountability.
- Strengthen finance team role in precommitment preventive reviews.
- Through internal trainings, build the capacity of staff in ACDI/VOCA and donor rules and regulations, internal control and performance reviews, contemporary compliance issues, and other related topics.
- Introduce and sustain internal control tools that enhance efficient and proper use of project resources.
- Cash Management:
- Introduce efficient and effective way of obtaining realistic cash-flow projections and communicating them to home office.
- Introduce systems and build capacity of staff in cash management. This may include payroll, bank reconciliation, activity budget control, etc.
- Work with the Program Director to put transparent, effective and efficient procurement process in place. Will be responsible overall for implementing the ACDI/VOCA procurement system and other best procurement and tendering practices considering the donor and other local requirements.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (business, finance, accounting, etc.), master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with QuickBooks strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in finance management, preferably with other donor-funded international programs; demonstrated knowledge and skills in accounting and procurement systems is required.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills in English and fluency in Portuguese required.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55565361D43515B7E59192F7756166D02627A4B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.