International Resources Group (IRG), a wholly owned subsidiary of Engility Corporation, seeks qualified candidates for the position of Capture and Proposal Systems Director.
The Capture and Proposal Systems Director is a key member of IRG’s multidisciplinary capture/proposal teams and plays an active hands-on role in technical proposal development.
- Ensure company capture systems and processes are institutionalized. Update and improve capture and proposal processes, templates, and support infrastructure based on lesson’s learned, government direction, and company needs.
- Facilitate individual capture efforts for specific opportunities.
- Lead/support multi-discipline, cross-functional, and divisional proposal teams.
- Coordinate or manage detailed proposal plans, including compliance matrix, competitive analysis, intended win themes, resource requirements, and intended staff assignments.
- In coordination with proposal teams, assist in the development of proposal schedules and track proposal progress to ensure on-time delivery.
- Lead or attend key meetings (e.g., bid/no bid meeting, kickoff/strategy meetings, color team/gate reviews). Ensure proposal reviews are held.
- Working with Contracts team, ensure Technical and Cost proposal consistency.
- Support the writing of the non-technical sections of proposals, including Corporate Qualifications, Management, Executive Summary, and other non-technical sections, as necessary.
- Conduct final proposal edit and rewrites (or arrange for them to be done) to ensure contextual integrity and integration of each proposal section, adherence to proposal themes, and compliance with RFP.
- Ensure the quality of the overall production, packaging, and delivery of proposals.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of high-quality boilerplate text.
- Conduct post-proposal lessons learned and post-award debriefing sessions to assess wins and losses.
- Mentor and train staff on capture and proposal-writing skills.
- Supervise Proposal Editor, Production Manager, and Business Development Associate.
- Ensure a stable of temporary proposal editor/writers for heavy proposal schedule periods and backup.
- 10 or more years of senior-level experience in capture and proposal systems, including writing/editing, for professional services or management consulting firms with federal government clients.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Ability to read and understand Government RFPs, identify all requirements contained there-in, develop compliance matrixes and an annotated outlines that structures compliant proposals. Understanding of the use of graphics/visuals in proposal content.
- Ability to track and monitor complex documents from inception to production and successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior staff, external clients and stakeholders including a proven ability to build consensus and relationships and influence and motivate teams to achieve goals.
- Ability to manage capture/proposal teams, supervise business development staff, and work closely with company leadership.
- Expertise in MS Office products including MS Word. Familiarity with the use of “Virtual Proposal Centers.”
- Basic understanding of FARs.
- Team player, with an excellent work ethic and a flexible schedule.
- Highly-detailed, strategic thinker with substantial capacity to thrive in deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, marketing communications or related field.
- Completion of Shipley or similar training in writing and managing winning proposals.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
How to apply: Go to Capture and Proposal Systems Director and follow the instructions for applying online.
Only a select group of qualified candidates will be contacted for follow up and interviews. No phone calls, please.