World Learning seeks a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded “Scholarships and Training for Egyptian Professionals (STEP)”. Duration: 5 years. Location: Cairo, Egypt. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project.Please transmit CV and cover letter (in English) with the post title on the subject line explaining why you are best qualified for this position, and three references from the last three years with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Egyptian nationals are highly encouraged to apply. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Thank you.
Background: The primary purpose of this program is to provide opportunities for scholarship and training activities to improve organizational capacity and performance and develop a more highly qualified workforce in Egypt. STEP will work across sectors in support of the Government of Egypt’s development objectives and USG strategic priorities. Because women’s full engagement in the economy and public sector is essential for achieving development goals, the STEP Program will identify ways for supporting women’s leadership and participation in all sectors. USAID programs support the achievements of these objectives and are guided by the Mission’s technical offices in consultation with the GOE. Technical offices include: Democracy and Governance, Economic Growth, Education and Training, and Health.
Chief of Party: The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall management of the STEP activity, ensuring achievement of results and objectives. S/he will serve as the primary liaison to USAID on all activity matters, and provide overall technical, management, and financial oversight. S/he will: provide leadership and direction for the program; ensure effective project management; set a clear strategic vision; oversee fiscal and procurement integrity; ensure high quality and timely of deliverables; and ensure harmonious coordination with USAID/Egypt, the Government of Egypt, tertiary education institutions, other donors, and partner organizations. The Chief of Party will supervise key staff and ensure compliance with USAID and USG rules and regulations.
Chief of Party’s responsibilities:
- Manage the field office, including supervision of key and project staff.
- Work with World Learning home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Egypt, with USAID partner organizations, including Government of Egypt, agencies, universities, PVO/NGOs, and private sector entities in conducting training needs assessments, planning, implementing and evaluating the results of training programs.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other contractors on training services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and evaluation of training programs based upon the abovementioned needs assessments.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Relevant advanced degree.
- At least ten years of experience in managing international programs related to training and organizational performance improvement required.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to manage a large, diverse, and internationally implemented project.
- Direct experience working in Egypt or the Middle East region.
- Consulting skills in helping clients analyze problems, devise solutions and adopt solutions.
- Working knowledge of relevant USAID and USG policies, strategies, and requirements.
- Fluent English is required and the ability to speak Arabic is desired.
- Ability to travel in-country.