TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure project compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and AIDAR, USAID Policies and USAID / Afghanistan mission orders and Implementing Partner’s notices.
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure the compliance program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain compliance to organizational policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Coordinate with DCAA auditors in annual and special audit functions.
- Coordinate with field director of finance and home office senior accountant.
- Conduct due diligence that funds are not diverted from their development purpose outlined in the contract and are not vulnerable to corruption, extortion or otherwise benefitting malign groups.
- Report directly to the Senior VP.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- US Citizen
- 4 year degree in Business Administration (accounting concentration) with MBA and/or CPA desirable.
- 10+ year total experience with Federal Government overseas projects including 5 years on USAID programs on field assignments, in particular in Afghanistan.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations with a focus on USAID specific regulations.
- Experience with Federal Government cost plus type contracts and DCAA audits.
- Strong leadership and business judgment skills.
- Above-average analytical skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Post based in Kabul, Afghanistan
- Contract position