RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
RTI is currently seeking qualified and experienced DCOP candidates for the anticipated USAID- funded Strengthening Democratic Local Governance Program in South Sudan. The program will focus on building democratic local governance through improving local governments’ ability to perform its core functions and supporting the development of strong and credible state and local systems. Specifically, the program will utilize a bottom-up and inclusive public participatory approach in the decision-making, implementation and accountability of government service delivery and further strengthen linkages within national, state, and local (payam) governments and International/NGOs for better coordination, delivery of services and accountability to the people..
The DCOP will support the Chief of Party (COP) and will manage all administrative and reporting activities for the project. He/she will ensure that required reports and documentation are produced according to USAID’s guidelines. Candidate should possess strong management, administrative and writing skills. This position is contingent upon funding and award.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, Masters degree preferred, in public administration, policy, finance, planning or governance or an advanced degree in a related field.
- Twelve years of overall experience with at least five years of relevant field experience in public administration, decentralization reform, strengthening state and local systems, civil society strengthening, or community mobilization.
- Demonstrated success managing and leading technical and administrative teams for USAID funded projects.
- Knowledge and experience in governance and development in sub-Saharan Africa, and in South Sudan specifically, is strongly desired.
- Prior experience managing geographically dispersed teams is preferred.
- Direct experience working in a post-conflict or transitional state.
- Fluency in English is required. Local languages and/or Arabic language skills are a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Specific information regarding the laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be located at the employment portal www.rti.org/jobs
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program, for specific information on this program please visit our employment portal at www.rti.org/jobs
- Serves as RTI’s alternate liaison to USAID, government counterparts, local organizations, and program partners when COP is unavailable. Ensures a high level of communication and close working relationships with USAID.
- Provides strategic leadership, technical and managerial direction for the successful implementation of the project.
- Ensures the timely and quality completion of all program technical and financial deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
Additional specific tasks and duties to be assigned as necessary to fulfill deliverables