Use your project management experience overseeing large, complex projects to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Director of Project Management Unit will develop project management capability and processes to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the programming and organizational development processes of the regional and national offices. You will work closely with the line management, regional office of strategy management, resource development unit, learning centres and quality assurance unit to ensure that right projects / initiatives in alignment with regional strategies are prioritized with allocation of adequate resources and rigor and accountability in execution. You will also provide crises management and problem solving services based on the discretion of the SDO/RL. You will make significantly contributions to translating regional strategy into effective and aligned operations through helping managers adopt disciplined project management approach.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational spritual leadership skills in line with your Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
- Provide leadership to bring in a culture of disciplined project management at all levels of the organization in organizational and programme development while integrating partnership standards and policies.
- Undertake project portfolio management in analysis, reviews and recommendations to RWG (Regional Working Group)for project prioritization and escalations of issues for ongoing projects to the regional senior leadership. Work closely with the regional office of strategy management in ensuring that prioritized projects / initiatives are allocated appropriate levels of resources for achievement of objectives.
- Work closely with the technical specialists in quality assurance unit and respective national offices in developing strategies for learning centres / centres of expertise.
- Track the status of various regional projects, partnership initiatives, learning centres and strategy execution and provide regular management report. Escalate issues to appropriate governance structures / line management on projects performing poorly for management action.
- Provide management oversight to multi-country projects funded by external donors. Establish appropriate governance mechanism, staffing, technical oversight by technical specialists, and geographic ownership by the line management and accountability in project execution and reporting.
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Required Bachelors/University degree in the area of Business Administration, or related field.
- Required 3 to 5 years of Project Management experience overseeing large, complex projects
- Experience relief and development work.
- Must have a service orientation with ability to lead teams, organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks while transferring knowledge and expertise.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to work effectively with a diverse team of information technology professionals.
- Required project management planning tools experience (e.g. Microsoft Project).
Will you use your project management talents to further “life in all it’s fullness” for children?
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date 21 Nov 2012. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.