Save the Children
Location: Washington DC
Apply Online: http://www.savethechildren.org
Director, Proposal Pricing
This position provides functional assistance and leadership in the cost and pricing area of new business development, assisting Save the Children to secure large-scale, multi-million dollar grant and contract funding from USAID and other public institutional donors. The Director leads the development of the proposal team’s costing strategy for specific proposal initiatives and oversees all aspects of cost proposal development, including analysis and oversight of partner budgets.
- Assist Country offices in pursuing new funding opportunities by serving as the cost and business proposal lead on proposal terms; Develop cost pricing strategy; Analyze cost data; Review partner budgets and negotiate cost matters; Comply with donor requirements; Develop budgets
- Strengthen capacity of Country and Technical office staff to develop business proposals; develop training materials and deliver trainings on specific cost proposal elements
- BA and minimum 8-10 years experience with non-profit organizations, preferably international non-profits
- 6-8 years experience in preparing cost/business proposals with different cost-pricing structures
- Experience managing USAID grant and contract solicitations
- Masters degree and fluency in a second language such as French or Spanish preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of OMB circulars, FAR and AIDAR
- Well organized, able to multi-task
- Strong quantitative skills; Detail oriented
- Able to work under pressure, team player, excellent communication skills, excellent writing skills.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.