The ECM may have the opportunity to transition to a full-time field based assignment in a developing country, possibly a post-conflict environment, as an advisor to an electric utility.
- Serve as senior technical expert on projects to improve commercial operations at electric utility companies, in areas such as loss reduction information technology systems, and smart grid applications.
- Manage work-streams or projects for electric utility companies in the areas listed above.
- Generate thought leadership and support business development efforts in the areas listed above.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in electricity sector, such as with an electric utility company or a consulting firm working for electric utilities and/or telecoms.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or a related field.
- Experience on projects in at least one of the following specialty areas:
o Electricity loss reduction programs
o Electricity billing/customer information systems
o Other information technology systems relevant to electricity companies
o Smart grid technologies, such as meters and communication systems
o Smart grid project development
- Prior experience as Task Leader or the equivalent on projects funded by USAID, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, or other donor-funded organization.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level) and business groups; ability to clearly communicate complex information; and ability to deliver messages effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in English is required. Proven ability to work in another foreign language (one relevant to USAID-assisted countries) is desirable.
- Ability to travel of 50% time to developing countries, including to post-conflict countries.