The influx of refugees into southern Turkey due to conflict in Syria has increased drastically since mid-2012. At present, there are over 107,000 refugees registered and residing in a series of 14 camps operated by the Government of Turkey and the Turkish Red Crescent. In addition, the National Disaster Management Presidency reports that over 70,000 Syrians are residing in communities around the camps throughout Hatay, Gaziantep, Kilis, and Sanliurfa Provinces.
Supervision of International Medical Corps field assessment teams, ensuring proper conduct and information gathering techniques are being upheld.
Direct supervision of field site support staff in collaboration with Medical Officers, Programme Coordinators and the Team Leader.
Support, motivate and supervise field program/logistics/ administrative/finance staff in their work, by information exchange, brainstorming and planning sessions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
• Office Set Up
Locate and set up International Medical Corps field offices ensuring that all departments are established (HR, Finance, IT, Communications, Programmes, logistics)
Locate and establish warehouse space
Hire and train national staff
Ensure adherence to International Medical Corps housing policy
• Emergency Funding
With the team, identify funding opportunities and contribute to the design of new program concepts and support of International Medical Corps emergency program development
• Stakeholder Mapping
Responsible for researching and recording humanitarian and local authority activities, by sector and by region – to identify program gaps and to strengthen coordination of activities and general relationships with other organizations.
Facilitate and assure accurate and well-documented reporting internally within International Medical Corps and to donors
Assure that such reporting contributes to the effective management of the program and meets donor quality standards and compliance regulations
Ensure monitoring of the security situation by the security focal point and ensure implementation of security rules and regulations
• Representation and Outreach
Represent International Medical Corps to donor bodies, the Ministry of Health, UN agencies, other NGOs and local authorities
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• University degree preferably in humanitarian affairs or other relevant studies
• Over three years of professional experience in Disaster Relief
• Experience in project management
• Familiarity with relevant stakeholders, especially international organizations (EU, UN)
• Good understanding of financial management and strategic planning
• Understanding and ability to work in unstable and multi-cultural environment (cultural sensitivity)
• Full computer literacy and adequate administrative skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English (Arabic and French Desirable)
• Ability to speak Arabic and/or Turkish languages a plus
To officially begin the application process, please visit our website at http://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/careers.aspx
And complete the online employment application form.