Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programmes in HIV, reproductive health, population and family planning (FP), maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modelling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), strategic consulting, and programme management.
We are looking for outstanding and experienced Family Planning Specialists in Kenya to work on an upcoming family planning programme.
- Under direction of the Team Leader, design and implement strategies according to programme requirements.
- Provide technical and strategic advice pertaining to relevant content areas.
- Build technical and institutional capacity of private sector, government, and nongovernmental partners for service provision in relevant content areas.
- Devise strategies to reach youth, underserved, and rural populations with reproductive health and family planning services.
- Coordinate, monitor programme activities, and facilitate quality assurance at the national level and/or in priority regions and districts, as required.
- Contribute to the preparation of project technical deliverables, presentations, work plans, and budgets.
- Advanced degree/s in relevant disciplines or medical degree.
- Strong technical grasp of family planning, including long-acting and permanent methods.
- Strong technical grasp of one or more of the following: private sector engagement, social marketing, social franchising, health systems strengthening, health finance, research, monitoring and evaluation, social development, gender and other social determinants of poor health, related sectors that affect health, behaviour change communication, and strategies to reach underserved populations.
- Deep understanding of the health system in Kenya including the plans for and potential impact of devolution in the health sector.
- Seven or more years of experience supporting DFID, European Union, USAID, World Bank, or other donor-funded or government health programmes.
- Demonstrated experience working with and facilitating partnerships among government, private sector, and nongovernmental health sector partners, at national and decentralised levels.
- Strong personal qualities, including integrity, commitment to excellence, equality, openness, inclusiveness, and collegiality.
- Excellent written and spoken English required, local languages are a distinct advantage.
- Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly on our website: www.futuresgroup.com
*This position contingent upon funding. No phone calls or emails please.
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.