IBTCI is currently looking for a dedicated Mid-level Finance Manager/Accountant to support a five-year project with USAID/Kenya and USAID/East Africa for Evaluation Services and Program Support of the health programs in the region. The Mid-level Finance Manager/ Accountant will be hired for the duration of the project and will be based in Nairobi. This position is only open to permanent residents of Kenya.
- Monitor accuracy of budgets and provide suggestions for improving budgets.
- Maintain Accounting systems.
- Prepare and present financials and associated reports.
- Manage the A/R, A/P, P/R, general ledger and collection function.
- Must have good knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices with a solid knowledge of Government accounting.
- Establish and maintain accounting procedures and controls and monthly accounting calendar
- Support proposal activity and help to create pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Accounting or a related field.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a professional accountant, with experience in internal controls, auditing, and public financial management.
- Experience with international project accounting.
- Experience working with USAID and other major donors is preferred.
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to manage and reconcile complex accounts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required.
To Apply: Please send Curriculum Vitae (CV) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: East Africa – Mid-level Accountant. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.