Save the Children
Location: Westport, CT
Apply online: http://www.savethechildren.org
The Manager, Research and Prospect Management is responsible for identifying prospective special, major and planned giving donors for Save the Children. The Manager will understand and track the relationship our donors have with Save the Children and their assigned officer. The Manager will support a strategy to advance a variety of agency-wide funding priorities by ensuring that Major Gifts has a diverse portfolio of donors, and prospects are well managed.
- Identify Save the Children donors and prospects with capacity and inclination for special and major gift level future and planned gifts; launch proactive projects to identify new external prospects that align with the mission of Save the Children.
- Create and execute cultivation strategies: Track internal relationships and research external biographical, philanthropic and functional information of Save the Children’s top donors to determine giving capacity.
- Donor Research: Write and edit briefings and profiles on prospects, donors, board members and event attendees for fundraisers and senior staff.
- Prospect Management: Prepare monthly reports metrics to track major gift officer progress pertaining to proposal data, donor and prospect visits and contacts and pipeline progress. Know Major Gift pipeline.
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience, preferably with prior prospect research or fundraising experience
- BA required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; database experience, demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge 7, Blackbaud Enterprise CRM or similar software packages.
- Detail oriented, able to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and communications skills, team player
- Able to provide wealth analyses, able to conduct comprehensive research and produce in -depth prospect analyses and profiles
- Proven experience with online and printed information sources for fundraising research preferred