Livelihoods Specialist – FEWS NET
International Resources Group (IRG) is seeking qualified Livelihoods Specialists for the USAID-funded Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) contract. The goal of FEWS NET is to provide decision makers with timely and rigorous early warning about emerging or evolving food security crises, while developing the capacity of local and regional institutions to detect and mitigate the risk and impact of food insecurity. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
- Coordinate livelihoods systems and vulnerability assessments, including baseline livelihood profiles and zone maps in rural and urban areas of Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Central Asia
- Lead efforts to improve methodologies and local capacity in livelihoods framework and vulnerability analysis
- Develop and update the program’s toolkits and manuals for systematically conducting and maintaining household livelihoods and vulnerability assessments
- Provide inputs to periodic reports, bulletins, and alerts related to food security early warning
- Advanced degree or equivalent training/experience in the fields of livelihoods and vulnerability analysis for food security early warning (sociology, urban and regional planning, poverty studies, health, nutrition, etc)
- Familiarity with and ability to apply accepted methodologies for livelihoods analysis and vulnerability assessment as related to food security early warning
- Foreign language proficiency in French and/or Spanish
- Geographic experience in Africa and/or Latin America
- Willingness to travel
International Resources Group (IRG) is an international professional services firm that helps governments, the private sector, communities, and households manage critical resources to build a cleaner, safer, and more prosperous world. Since its inception in 1978, IRG has completed over 750 contracts in 137 countries, delivering high-quality, cost-effective services that promote positive economic growth, institutional and social change, and intelligent use of resources – human, physical, environmental, and financial. Please visit our website at to learn more about IRG.
How to apply: Please send a current resume and cover letter with an indication of your earliest availability by email to . Please indicate “FEWS NET – Livelihoods” in the subject line of the email.
IRG is an EOE- M/F/D/V