DAI is seeking a Monitoring and Communications Officer to support its USAID funded Stregthening Thai
Democracy (Sapan) program. TThe Program Monitoring and Communications Officer will provide
leadership in monitoring program progress and in communicating results to USAID and other
stakeholders,responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist efforts to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative output and outcome
• Assist efforts to collect information on the organizational capacity of Sapan Core Partners
using the Capacity Scorecard tool; •Lead the design, contracting and implementation of project performance monitoring surveys;
• Ensure that monitoring data are entered into the program database for all Sapan-funded
• Lead the preparation and presentation to USAID of reports on the progress and impact of
program activities; and
• Other duties consistent with the overall focus of the assignment as assigned.
This position reports directly to Sapan project Operations Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Foreign policy or related field required;
Minimum 2 years development experience at province or lower level; Experience monitoring development projects and collecting associated data (monitoring democracy strengthening activities is preferred);
Capacity and skill in investigating activities, interviewing people and writing stories; Very strong English writing capabilities;
Thai Language capabilities preferred; Experience living and working in Thailand preferred.