The American Red Cross (ARC) International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. In the coming years the American Red Cross will deepen and expand its international programming while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent Network, in order to deliver critical assistance to some of the most vulnerable communities in the world.
The M&E Advisor provides technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation of American Red Cross International Services programs. S/he reports to the Program Integration Director and works within the Program Integration Unit. The M&E Advisor provides technical support to program quality and Consistency including; design, assessments, monitoring and monitoring plan, reporting, evaluations for response, recovery, and longer term programs.
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities in close collaboration with theInternationalResponseOperationsCenter, and with the Regions, Haiti Assistance Program, and other units within International Services.
- Develop quality monitoring and evaluation systems for response and longer term programs considering assessment, design, development, donor requirements, resources and capacities.
- Develop project-specific monitoring tools in collaboration withInternationalResponseOperationsCenter, program managers and the region based Quality and Learning Delegates.
- Support or directly develop, depending on need, the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs’ M&E system.
- Provide M & E technical advisement to programs, projects and larger portfolio.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support for the integration of all of International Services technical sectors; disaster risk reduction, climate risk reduction, health, shelter, and water and sanitation, as well as cross cutting areas such as livelihoods, gender, age and environment.
- Directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve American Red Cross and Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability.
- Build upon industry and Red Cross experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of monitoring and evaluation strategies; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Collaborate with Regional Quality & Learning Delegates and Program Officers to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Collect lessons learned from programs to inform International Response and Programs Results Framework and Program Frameworks for future program design and implementation.
- Support selection and management of M&E consultants and their outcome reports.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Provide support, when requested, for international response to disasters.
- Masters degree in International Development or related discipline with expertise in research methods required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in international humanitarian organization monitoring and evaluation and recovery programming required.
- Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods, including sampling and surveys is required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in international field-level project implementation, higher level program quality assurance and supervisory role preferred.
- Prior experience leading M&E portion of successful donor proposals preferred.
- Recent experience in statistical and database software (e.g. Stata, SPSS, access, Atlas Ti, etc) preferred.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required.
- Language competencies a plus.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply online at:
Please use requisition: NHQ29004