Your opportunity to use your world-class leadership skills to play a key role in effectively improving the lives of children and families of Mauritania
World Vision International (WVI) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The National Director will strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision Mauritania’s Ministry as an effective member of the World Vision Partnership to ensure high ministry quality and high impact in the field. You will also be accountable for all of aspects of WV’s work in the country.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
- Ensure there is a documented office strategy, ministry strategies and operating plans, and the latter have been derived from the office strategy and has clear, measurable short-term and long-term targets; Ensure that Ministry strategies are aligned with Regional and Partnership strategic priorities
- Ensure high ministry quality and high impact in the field by leading in a way that the office is achieving its expected annual targets at all stages of the monitoring and evaluation cycle on a sustainable basis
- Ensure adequate resources are acquired and managed to meet and enable quality programme implementation
- Lead and manage the team in a way that facilitates a high performance culture, open trustworthy relationships and integrity; Promote a culture of learning and development, employee engagement and good stewardship of human capital in the office
- Ensure efficient and effective organizational practices, that result in successful financial and operational audit scores
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Masters degree in International Development
- Proven Leadership and Management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven decision-making skills
- Proven visionary and strategic abilities
- Ability to work and travel extensively in country of assignment as well as internationally (approximately 20-25% of working time)
- Fluency in French required
Will you use your leadership skills to further “life in all its fullness” for children?