Navigators- Affordable Care Act (ACA) NJ & PA
CHS is currently seeking Navigators to assist people who will get insurance through state health insurance Exchanges, such as small businesses, self-employed or people who do not have access to insurance through their employers. The Navigator will provide individuals and families with the information necessary to determine which health insurance option best fits their needs, and then help them enroll in their plan of choice.
· Knowledge of current public coverage programs, including Medicaid and CHIP.
· Experience conducting outreach and application assistance to low-income consumers in establishing financial eligibility for public programs.
· Ability to serve consumers with limited English proficiency, low literacy, and limited experience with insurance.
· Expertise and accessibility aids to assist people with disabilities.
· Familiarity with health insurance, including benefits, cost-sharing requirements, and how managed care works.
· Ability to translate complex policy and insurance jargon into plain language.
· Aptitude to learn and communicate how advanced premium tax credits (APTC) work, as well as the financial implications of tax credit reconciliation; and
· Knowledge of local resources such as community health centers, health and human services, and immigrant-related resources.
· Work requires the level of knowledge typically acquired through completion of two years of occupationally-specific education or an Associate’s degree in Human Services or related field with a minimum of one to 3 years of experience.
· Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations. Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
· Work requires the analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles.
“Contingent on Contract Award”
CHS is an E-Verify Employer
CHS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.