Use your experience in overseas international health and nutrition to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
WV is one of the largest implementing partners to the United States Agency for International Development/Office of Food for Peace (USAID/FFP) and currently implements multi-sectoral food security programmes in approximately 22 countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America & the Caribbean. The total value of its food security portfolio has averaged over $200 million in recent years.
WV is developing a grant application for a 5-year, multi-million Development Food Aid Program (formerly Multi-Year Assistance Program or “MYAP”) in Zimbabwe. The potential funding for such grants in-country is $30 million annually for five years. WV is soliciting applications from experienced candidates to serve as the Nutrition and Health Technical Manager for this programme, should it be awarded. The programme is likely to be focused on food security, nutrition, and market-based agriculture and livelihoods interventions in several provinces of Zimbabwe. You will report to the programme’s senior leadership.
You will supervise nutrition and health staff in provincial and other field offices working specifically on this grant. And you will be responsible for relationships with other organizations, representing the project at technical meetings with the donor, sister organizations, and the host government.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational spiritual leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
SOME RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Plan programme activities in specific technical sector.
- Prepare and promote standard operating procedures for nutrition and health activities.
- Supervise implementation & monitoring of programme activities (nutrition and health related food distribution, child growth monitoring, referrals, water/sanitation/hygiene activities).
- Support development of behavior change strategy & community nutrition strategy & stakeholder engagement in both.
- Reporting & Liaising with programme Sr. leadership, collaborators, and donor
REQUIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Master’s degree in public health or public health nutrition, or an advanced nursing degree or medical degree with significant coursework in nutrition.
- Ability to supervise field staff and work collaboratively with national and local government officials is necessary. Demonstrated ability to work cross-sectorally.
- Ability to represent organization and programme on technical matters to host-country professionals, ministries, and donor colleagues. Diplomacy and strong presentation skills, speaking and writing are required.
- A minimum of five years of overseas international health and nutrition experience is required.
- A minimum of 1 year work experience in Southern Africa.
- Experience with USAID grants, preferably with Food for Peace.
Could you fulfill this vital, challenging and rewarding role and be part of this life-enriching experience?
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date 31 Jan 2013. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.