Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 84 projects in 40 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Organization Development Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party, Ghana
We are seeking an Organization Development Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID-funded Feed the Future Agricultural Technology Transfer (ATT) project in Ghana that aims to increase the availability of appropriate and affordable technologies to sustainably improve short and long-term agricultural productivity in maize, rice, and soya for women and men smallholders in northern Ghana. The project is composed of three components- seeds, soil fertility, and capacity for agricultural research- and will operate primarily by improving the capacity of both the public and private sector actors in their respective roles in technology development and dissemination. The position is contingent upon ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program.
- Provide overall program management support, help to develop a strong, coherent technical vision and initiate innovative strategies across the program.
- Supervise program operations, personnel, M&E activities
- Prepare periodic written reports to USAID and ACDI/VOCA headquarters.
- Design and manage interventions that aim to build capacity of various institutions, private businesses, public organizations, and researchers across the three project components.
- Identify and manage technological innovations within the biotechnology sector, and disseminate findings through stakeholder meetings, print, radio and cell phone based systems
- Design and manage localized research programs on integrated soil fertility management and conservation agriculture technologies
- Strengthen the professionalism and business skills of fertilizer sector associations, and work towards industry self-regulation for improved product quality control in the distribution system.
- Help to ensure effective overall contract management, reporting, communications and relationship management with USAID.
- Master’s degree in public administration, management, organizational management of a related field.
- 7+ years of professional experience on initiatives focused on organization strengthening for both public and private entities.
- Experience in Africa required; experience in Ghana preferred
- Demonstrated technical experience conducting institutional assessments, developing vision, strategy, objectives and action plans, and monitoring the progress of organizational development.
- Demonstrated success strengthening private organizations in agriculture sectorssuch as associations of seed companies, seed producers, input firms, fertilizer firms, and agrodealers.
- Demonstrated success strengthening public organizations in agriculture sectors, such as agriculture research institutions and Ministries of Agriculture
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556A361D43515B7E59192F7756186D01627A4BNo phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.