World Learning seeks a Program Manager, Scholarships for a USAID-funded “Scholarships and Training for Egyptian Professionals (STEP)”. Duration: 5 years. Location: Cairo, Egypt. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Please transmit CV and cover letter (in English) with the post title on the subject line explaining why you are best qualified for this position, and three references from the last three years with contact information, to email@example.com. Egyptian nationals are highly encouraged to apply. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Thank you.
Background: The primary purpose of this program is to provide opportunities for scholarship and training activities to improve organizational capacity and performance and develop a more highly qualified workforce in Egypt. STEP will work across sectors in support of the Government of Egypt’s development objectives and USG strategic priorities. Because women’s full engagement in the economy and public sector is essential for achieving development goals, the STEP Program will identify ways for supporting women’s leadership and participation in all sectors. USAID programs support the achievements of these objectives and are guided by the Mission’s technical offices in consultation with the GOE. Technical offices include: Democracy and Governance, Economic Growth, Education and Training, and Health.
Program Manager, Scholarship: The Program Manager, Scholarships will focus on planning and development of the scholarship program, including designing, organizing, preparing or overseeing the preparation and implementation of training interventions, including pre-departure orientations and briefings for all participants. S/he must have thorough understanding of U.S. university systems as the main focus will be on United State-based academic training, with some additional academic training within Egypt.
- In collaboration with USAID, work with the Chief of Party in the development of the USAID/Egypt Mission Participant Training Plan.
- Conduct training needs assessments, plan and implement training programs in line with Mission Participant Training Plan.
- Design and develop all materials used in conducting pre-departure orientations for all participants and plan, schedule and organize all orientations and briefings.
- Advise other contractor staff involved in the planning, scheduling, organizing, and implementation of training interventions, where needed.
- Coordinate with World Learning’s home office staff in identifying training providers, participant monitoring and tracking and data management.
- Supervise program officer and program associate working on scholarships
- Relevant degree.
- At least seven years of experience in supporting and managing international education programs and understanding of the pre-orientation and post-orientation of scholarship recipients in order to have a successful academic experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant USAID and USG policies, strategies, and requirements.
- Ability to speak fluently in Arabic and English is desired.
- Ability to travel in-country.