Save the Children
Location: Washington DC
Apply Online: http://www.savethechildren.org
The Senior Contracts Specialist will provide support for Save the Children US and Save the Children International and WDC based business partners. The Specialist is responsible for the support, management and implementation of current and new contracts, training materials and he/she will serve as a resource for policies and regulations related to USAID or other major donors.
- Infrastructure: Work with the Director, Contracts and other departments to ensure contracts are managed efficiently; update policies; develop organizational capacity to administer contracts with a specific focus on USAID and other government clients, develop relevant rules and regulations.
- Contract Reporting, tracking/donor interaction: Prepare and negotiate contracts and subcontracts and RFPs; Review of cost proposals, solicitations, prime contracts and other related contract documents; provide feedback on cost proposals, solicitations, prime contracts, FAR and AIDAR references; set up tracking system, maintain manuals.
- Review and Analysis: Review contracts and identify risk to stakeholders; review budgets and contract documents.
- Compliance: Maintain knowledge with USG / global Fund (GFATM) rules and regulations and communicate changes to SC US and SCI; monitor procurement under contracts to ensure compliance.
- Training and Technical Assistance: Develop and deliver formal and informal Contracts trainings, including innovative and interactive communications tools, share best practices; provide timely support.
- BA in Business Administration, Finance or Public Administration.
- 5-9 years’ experience in contracting activities through the life of the award.
- Proven experience in the compliance function in the area of contracts, procurement and subcontracts especially US federal (OMB Circulars, A122, A133, FAR and AIDAR) and European governments.
- Experience in budget preparation, contract negotiation, subcontract management, procurement, performance auditing and dispute resolution.
- Contract management experience required.
- Strategic planning skills, communication skills, organizational skills required.
- Strong research skills.
- Familiarity with A-133 audit requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) 22 CFR 226, 22 CFR 228, and AIDAR.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in the United States and around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
Save the Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.