The British Council is an internationally recognised project management and consultancy services organisation. We work with governments, donors, lenders and private sector clients to provide services tailored to their needs. We have worked in development for over 40 years, adapting our approaches to diverse and changing circumstances.
In preparation for a forthcoming tender we are currently looking for a:
Team Leader for Kosovo Culture for All project
The overall of the project is to strengthen the development of the culture sector in Kosovo as a vector for socio-economic development, and to promote the rich diversity of the various communities in Kosovo
The purpose of this contract it to enhance the development of culture sector, by providing assistance to public and private cultural operations to assume the role as a significant contributor to the overall economic and social development in Kosovo. More specifically the aim of the project is to strengthen the cultural sector as a vector of creativity and social innovation, enhance cultural diversity and inter-cultural dialogue in Kosovo and to develop cultural industry as an asset for Kosovo’s economy and competitiveness.
Minimum requirements for this role include:
- A Bachelors degree (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years study in a university or equivalent institution) in the social sector, in arts, communication, public administration, economic science or other associated fields or 7 years of professional experience (in addition to the minimum number of years of general professional experience required below) in the social sector, in communication, public administration, economic science or other associated field)
- At least 6 years and up to 10 years of professional experience in the social sector, culture sector, in communication, public administration, economic science or other associated field
- At least 6 years and up to 10 years of specific experience in management of cultural activities and culture industry related programmes/projects
- Experience in leading team in the public or private sector and/or in donor funded projects in at least in three projects of a similar complexity
- Experience working in Kosovo or Balkan region would be advantage
- Fluent spoken and written English
The project will be based in Kosovo and is expected to commence around March 2013.
Click here to apply or request further information. Applications must be received no later than Monday 7th January 2013 and successful applicants will be notified by Friday 12th January 2013.