Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to empower people to improve their health and well-being. We assist governmental and nongovernmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector to design, implement, and evaluate programmes in reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, HIV and AIDS, infectious diseases, and gender and youth.
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced Team Leader in Kenya to work on a new programme on reproductive, maternal, and child health, health systems strengthening, gender, research, health administration, public health, and related issues. This is a full-time position based in Kenya.
- Provides senior leadership, management oversight, and coordination for the programme.
- Provides senior-level content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation, and support for the development, execution, and monitoring of programme-specific strategies.
- Manages technical and operational staff and coordinates with implementing partners.
- Liaises with donors, the government, and other key stakeholders.
- Leads, reviews, and monitors programmatic functions, e.g., development of work plans and budgets.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per donor and programme requirements.
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve issues or problems.
- Participates in development of and/or prepares necessary programme-related reports, presentations, and deliverables.
- At least 15 years of experience of leading large-scale government or DFID, European Union, USAID, KfW, World Bank, and other development partner-supported health programmes in/ for developing countries, preferably Kenya and in the region.
- Experience working on maternal and child health programmes, preferably in Africa or the region, is mandatory.
- Technical expertise in reproductive, newborn and maternal health, gender issues, the needs of the poor, and social determinants of health.
- Deep understanding of the health system in Kenya and ability to draw on other regional and/or international best practices.
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders, including project partners, donors, private sector, NGOs, and government departments.
- Ability to work independently, determine priorities, manage a multiple tasks, and meet timelines while collaborating with a broad coalition of health partners.
- Must have the ability to smoothly coordinate with donor agency.
- Strong strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong results orientation and commitment to accountability and value for money.
- Demonstrates strong personal qualities, including integrity, commitment to excellence, equality, openness, inclusiveness, and collegiality.
- Established position and reputation among peer groups, colleagues, and organisations working in similar fields.
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must, local languages are an advantage.
- Excellent public speaking and representation skills.
- Advanced degree in relevant discipline preferred.