Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic multidisciplinary team to improve health and nutrition outcomes for Infants and Young Children? ChildFund International is seeking a Child Health and Nutrition Technical Advisor to provide technical support to country office staff across the geographical regions of Asia, Africa, and the Americas who are undertaking projects to improve maternal, neonatal, and young children’s health and nutrition. This position offers the opportunity to work with country teams to support program design, implementation, evaluation and learning in line with ChildFund’s theory of change for Infants and Young Children.
Working within a life stage team, the Technical Advisor will design and monitor programming in conjunction with colleagues focused on facilitating learning across country contexts and identify ways to integrate nutrition, health and child development to achieve synergetic outcomes. Furthermore, the advisor will fulfill functions around conceptual leadership, representation and business development. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in integrated, interdisciplinary Infant and Young Children (IYC) programming.
- Work with regional and national staff to achieve program quality goals, with a specific focus on health and nutrition activities.
- Ensure integration with other sectors, especially looking to strengthen the links between health, nutrition, WASH, and ECD.
- Facilitate the use of standardized evidence-based guidelines and protocols for integrated service delivery for maternal and child health and nutrition.
- Advocate with and provide hands-on support to implementing partners for adoption of evidence-based child health care best practices.
- Ensure quality in-service training that is technically sound, evidence-based and responsive.
- Conduct capacity assessments across country offices to identify program weaknesses, constraints, strengths and opportunities; provide and produce resources and guidelines for maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition.
- Contribute to M&E activities to ensure that ChildFund activities meet targets.
- Play a key role in direction setting for the global health portfolio, including contributing to annual work planning, technical reporting and programmatic updates.
- Represent ChildFund at industry events and networking and advocacy functions.
- Meet with donors to present programs and approaches; participate in donor reporting.
ChildFund’s staff is integral to achieving the organization’s mission to help deprived, excluded and vulnerable children have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions value, protect and advance the worth of children.
- Master’s degree in public health, maternal child health or nutrition
- 5 years of experience in community based programming; 2 years of international experience preferred
- Experience in program design, implementation or evaluation relevant to maternal child health and nutrition programming, integrated management of childhood diseases
- Ability to provide high quality training and technical assistance to implementing staff and partners; integrated, holistic programming experience preferred
- Experience in proposal development, including design and writing of technical strategies particularly with USG donor agencies and grant making processes
- Familiarity with multilateral agencies, foundations and other institutions with a focus on infants and young children
- Experience with professional networks and fora related to MCNH and nutrition
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results-oriented
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual preferred (English with French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese)
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office (particularly Word and PowerPoint)
- Opportunity for significant international travel