The Environmental Restoration and Conservation Agency of Japan (ERCA) has established the Japan Fund for Global Environment (JFGE) through an initial endowment from the Japanese government together with contributions from the private sector, including individuals and private corporations. The interest accrued from these funds is then used to provide support to NGOs working in the area of environmental conservation.
The JFGE has two main programs.
(1) Grants Program
Grants are available for NGOs activity to conserve the environment.
(2) NGO Support Program
The NGO Support Program offers support to NGOs involved in activities to conserve the environment and to citizens supporting those activities, through providing information, research and studies, and training for personnel.
Applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- The organization must be a non-governmental organization (NGO) or a non-profit organization(NPO)
- The organization must possess an Articles of Incorporation or its equivalent bylaws;
- The organization must possess a well-established body that makes decisions for the organization and implements the project for which the grant is requested;
- The organization must possess an accounting structure capable of bookkeeping and self-auditing;
- The organization must possess an office that serves as a base of their activities, and
- The organization must be deemed to have the capacity to execute the project for which the grant is sought, judging from its previous activities and achievements.
Eligible activities that contribute to environmental conservation are undertaken by organizations as stipulated above. Activities are classified into three major categories.
- Category a. Environmental conservation activities in developing areas implemented by Japanese NGOs/ NPOs
- Category b. Environmental conservation activities in developing areas implemented by Non-Japanese NGOs/ NPOs
- Category c. Environmental conservation activities in Japan implemented by Japanese NGOs/ NPOs
Applications will be accepted from 4 January 2013. The deadline to submit proposals is 25 January 2013. For more information, visit this link.
The above is a complete copy of the original procurement notice.