Project ID: P118028
Borrower/Bid No: IFB No: SC/1547/ICB
1. The Supreme Court, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a grant from the International Development Association (IDA), World Bank towards the cost of the Procurement of vehicles, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this grant to payments under the Contract for IFB No: SC/1547/ICB as below:
Bid Security amount in USD or an equivalent amount in freely convertible currency
4X4 Double Cabin Pickup manufactured not earlier than 2012
Sedan (approximately 1.8 L) manufactured not earlier than 2012
2. The Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services, Procurement Unit on behalf of Supreme Court now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Procurement of Vehicles mentioned in Para 2 above..
3. Bidder at their choice may bid for one or more lots. Each lot will be evaluated separately and also for combination of lots and the contract will be awarded accordingly. Bidders must quote for the entire quantity of each lot. Bidders who have not quoted for full quantity of the lot will be treated as non-responsive.
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits January 2011, and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) (email:firstname.lastname@example.org ) and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from from 9:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs.
6. Qualifications requirements include:
(a) Financial Capability: The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
Bidders shall include a letter from a reputed bank indicating their financial status which will indicate their ability to perform the contract of the magnitude equivalent to the quoted price.
(b) Experience and Technical Capacity:
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
(i) Bidders must provide evidence of having executed within the period of last five years at least two contracts of similar or larger magnitude for the number of lot(s) bidder submits bid;
(ii) The bidder should be a manufacturer who must have manufactured, tested and supplied the goods, similar to the type specified in the “Schedule of Requirements” up to at least 100% of the quantity indicated in Schedule of Requirements in any one of the last 3 years. In case the bidder is not the manufacturer or producer of the goods it offers to supply and has submitted the bid in accordance with ITB clause 19.1 (a), the bid shall include the above information about the manufacturer whose goods has been offered including manufacturer’s authorization to supply the goods if awarded with this contract;
(iii) The bidder shall confirm the availability of spare parts and after sales service and provide the address of the dealer/agent for verification or confirm that the bidder will establish the above services within 30 days of notification of award. If the bidder quotes separately for setting up of the above services, then this cost will be added for evaluation purposes.
The contract will be signed only after the bidder provides satisfactory evidence of establishing these services within 30 days of notification of award. Failure to do so will be treated as failure to sign the contract and action as per clause 44.2 of ITB will be taken.
(c) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the following usage requirement:
- Manufacturer’s quality standard certificate;
- The bidder should clearly confirm that all the facilities exist in his premise/factory for inspection and testing and these will be made available to the purchaser or his representative for inspection;
- The quoted product meets the traffic regulations of Afghanistan.
A margin of preference for certain goods manufactured domestically shall be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
7.0 A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be obtained by interested bidders by downloading the same from the ARDS website www.ards.org.af. In case of difficulty in downloading from website, interested bidders may contact at email address email@example.com
8.0 Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 14.00 Hrs (local time) on March 4, 2013.Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline of bid submission at the same place of bid submission, in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person.
All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of the amount mentioned against each lot in Para 2 above or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
9.The address referred to above is:
Procurement & Liaison officer
Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services, Procurement Unit (ARDS – PU)
Ministry of Economy Building, 4th and 5th Floor
Malik Asghar Square
Tel: 00 93 75 2055747/ 0093773300966
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATE, 27 Frebruary 2013:
This notice was originally published on 10 January 2013 and was updated on 27 February 2013. The deadline date changed from 4 March to 13 March 2013. Also note that the address to receive bids has changed as follows:
Alhaj Mohammad Yaqoob
Admin & Finance Director
Supreme Court Headquarter Building,
Ahmad Shah Masoud Square,
The bid opening shall take place at the Main Conference Hall of the address above.
Please see the attachment for details. If there are any discrepancy between the attachment and the information below in this notice, the attachment will take presidence.