Invitation to Bid
Republic of the Philippines
Participatory Irrigation Development Project
Loan No. 7709-PH
Construction of Concrete Canal Lining along NDC #7, NDC #9, SMC, NDC-MC, Upgrading of Canal Embankment within the service area of Division III.
IFB NO. PIDPM-C-D3N-01
1. The Government of the Philippines (GOP) has received a Loan from the World Bank toward the cost of Participatory Irrigation Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract for the Construction of Concrete Canal Lining along NDC #7, NDC #9, SMC, NDC-MC, Upgrading of Embankment along NDC-MC within the Service Area of MARIIS.
2. The National Irrigation Administration (NIA) now invites bids for the Construction of Concrete Canal Lining along NDC #7, NDC #9, SMC, NDC-MC, Upgrading of Embankment along NDC-MC located at San Manuel & Roxas, Isabela. Completion of the Works is required in one hundred twenty (120) calendar days. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of RA 9184 (R.A. 9184), with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the applicable procurement guidelines of the World Bank. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification. The Estimated Project Cost (EPC) is Ten Million Four Hundred Ninety Thousand Two Hundred Four and Thirty Five centavos (Php 10,490,204.35).
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Mondays to Fridays.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested bidders starting February 25, 2011 from the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee for the bidding documents in the amount Three Thousand Pesos (PhP3,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the NIA Website (http://www.nia.gov.ph), provided that bidders shall pay the nonrefundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
6. The NIA will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on March 16, 2011, 2:00 P.M at the Conference Hall 2nd Floor NIA-MARIIS Building Head Office, Minante 1, Cauayan City, which shall be open to all interested parties.
7. Bids must be delivered at Conference Hall 2nd Floor NIA-MARIIS Building Head Office, Minante 1 Cauayan City on or before March 29, 2011, 2:00 P.M. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount of Two Hundred Ten Thousand Pesos (PhP210,000.00) in the form of Cash, Cashier’s/Manager’s Check or Bank Guarantee.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend immediately after the deadline for the submission of bids at the same address above. Late bids shall not be accepted.
8. The NIA reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
9. For further information, please refer to:
Office of the BAC Chairman
2nd Floor, NIA MARIIS Building Head Office
Minante 1, Cauayan City, Isabela
Telephone Nos. (078)307-2087
Emmariedelacruz@yahoo.com.au or firstname.lastname@example.org
ERLINDA B. DIZON
Chairman, Bids and Awards Committee