Project: IRRIGATION AND WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT PROJECT
Financing: World Bank
Abstract: CONSULTANT SERVICES, COMPONENT B
Loan/Credit Number: Grant No. H338-NEP; Project ID No. P099296
Contract/Bid Number: RFP No. II/RFP/064/65/IWRMP; Expressions of interest
Deadline: 15 May 2008
The Government of Nepal has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Irrigation and Water Resources Management Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services. The service shall include consolidation of management transfer of selected public irrigation schemes to Water User's Associations (WUAs) to improve service performance, service delivery and essential structural improvements in accordance with Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) Principles, and includes capacity building of Department of Irrigation and WUAs and other stakeholders involved in IMT component of IWRMP. In addition to this, the consultant shall prepare and update the implementation manuals and guidelines of irrigation management transfer.
Tentative implementation period of the services will be July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2013.
The Irrigation and Water Resources Management Project now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. The consultant will be short listed by considering the following information.
1. General Experience of Consultant
2. Experience of working in similar geographic region or countries
3. Experience of the firm in the required field of expertise
4. Professional employees of the consulting firm.
5. Average Annual Turnover of the firm for the last five years
6. Work in hand
7. Commitment for the code of ethics
8. Commitment for the adherence to anti-corruption policy
Interested consultants must provide all required information which indicates that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, Financial Capability etc.). Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications. In case of association (International and National or National and National), certificate of agreement to work jointly must be submitted which shall specify the leading partner.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (published, May 2004 and revised October 2006).
All consultants must comply with the following criteria:
1. Corporate registration (applicable to both National and International-the country of their incorporation)
2. Tax clearance or documentary proof submitted for tax clearance up to F.Y. 063/64 (in case of National consultants only).
3. VAT Registration (in case of National consultants only)
4. A minimum year of standing is equal to five (applicable to associated firms also)
The consultants are requested to submit all the required information in tabulated form along with supporting documents.
The consulting service is procured only from the shortlisted consultants.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by 15 May 2008.
Contact: Irrigation and Water Resources Management Project.
Attn: Purusottam Kumar Shahi.
Department of Irrigation.
Jawalakhel Lalitpur, Nepal.
Tel: (977-1) 553-0938, 553-0922.
Fax: (977-1) 553-7169.
The above is a complete copy of the Original Procurement Notice.