Support to demand driven Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Liberia
The Overall Objective of the assignment is to facilitate the provision of demand driven TVET in function of private sector development and job creation for young people.
The specific objective of the services being requested is to support the EU Delegation to Liberia and Government of Liberia in the design and drafting of a TVET proposal under the AAP 2019 equally addressing formal3 TVET as private sector driven TVET. In particular for the latter a proper methodology should be developed to approach and promote an effective linkage between the private sector demand and TVET sector supply contributing to job creation and private sector development.
Qualifications and skills:
Minimum Master’s degree preferably in vocational training, education, private sector development, engineering, business, economy, agriculture or technical sciences.
General professional experience:
At least 6 years’ experience in the in the sector related to the lot indicated in one or more of the following areas:
- VET sub-sector analysis, reform, management, vocational reform (including analysis and measures to strengthen the links between VET and the Labour market and to promote the role of the private sector).
- Education / training of professionals (curriculum development, vocational and academic training, costing and institutional aspects of training, continuing education both at formal and non-formal level).
- Experience in TVET linked to private sector in one or more of the following sectors: roads, infrastructure, agriculture, forestry.
Specific professional experience:
During the last 6 years:
- At least drafting of two action/project documents in the field of complex TVET interventions (budget above EUR 2 million);
- At least drafting of one action/project document in compliance with EU template and regulation;
- At least drafting of one project/document involving private sector and TVET in West-Africa;
- At least one drafting of one project documents involving TVET in Africa in one of the following sectors: roads, infrastructure, agriculture, forestry.
Excellent reporting, facilitation and communication skills.
English: level C2 expertise
Duration : 120 working days
Indicative starting date: 29/04/2019