WYG has been shortlisted for the EU funded Technical Assistance to ACP Secretariat for the INTRA ACP Climate Services and related application Programme, Brussels.
The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to the efforts of ACP regions and countries to adapt to climate change and climate variability through incorporating science-based climate prediction and information services into national and regional planning processes.
The specific objective is to strengthen the climate service value chain through building the capacities of decision-makers at all levels to make effective use of climate information and services.
Please see attached ToR for further detail.
The estimated commencement date is February 2019 and it is a 60 months project. The project will be based in Brussels with visits to the ACP countries.
We are seeking candidates for the Team Leader position (full time 1100 working days), with the following qualifications and experience:
Qualifications and skills
- At least a master’s degree or equivalent in environmental science, engineering, natural resource management, or related fields;
- An excellent verbal and written command of English and at least a working knowledge of French; and
- Excellent management and communication skills are essential.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years of working experience in the field of environment and climate change in developing countries;
- At least 5 years of working experience in climate monitoring, climate forecast and prediction and climate services;
- At least 3 years of working experience in at least one of the climate services applications domains (e.g. Agriculture and Food Security, Water Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health, Energy);
- At least 3 years of working experience in the area of Earth Observation and environmental monitoring.
Specific professional experience
- Experience as Team Leader of at least one (1) Climate Change and Environment development project;
- At least 6 years of working experience in ACP countries is required;
- Other preferred requirements: experience working together with ACP Regional Economic Communities, experience in developing regional capacity building strategies, experience managing EU-funded development cooperation programmes; experience establishing and implementing monitoring system of EU-funded development cooperation programmes.