RTI International is requesting applications for a 4P Lead and Government Relations Advisor on a USAID-funded energy project in Papua New Guinea. The goal of the USAID PNG Electrification Partnership Activity is to contribute significantly to achieving the goal of 70% electrification by 2030.
The 4P Lead and Government Relations Advisor will lead community engagement, government relations, coordination, capacity building and gender across all project objectives. The 4P Lead and Government Relations Advisor should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments. The primary duty for this position will be to ensure the 4Ps are integrated into individual, scalable, and contextually appropriate interventions. This position will be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
- Lead a team of specialists in gender, government relations, community engagement, capacity building.
- Lead coordination with the Government of Papua New Guinea, donors, and other actors.
- Engage across all four project Objectives (Utility, Off-Grid, Regulator, Private Sector Investment) to ensure consistency of 4P (People, Politics, Places and Partnerships) application.
- Ensure that all relevant skill sets are integrated into all technical assignments.
- Help PEP establish relations and gain buy-in on all levels of provincial government and Local-Level Governments.
Required minimum qualification and experience:
Master’s degree in economics, engineering, business, law or other relevant discipline. 12+ years of relevant experience including development of sector policy, planning, programming, capacity building, and monitoring. Possess critical relations and connections to key government and non-governmental counterparts for PEP. Experience facilitating and convening stakeholders across the entire spectrum to achieve maximum impact on projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent leadership, coordination, and organizational awareness skills.
- Strong oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization: and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
- English language proficiency.