The Program Officer supports the Asia Division of ROLI in implementing rule of law programs across Asia and applying for funding of new programs. The Program Officer is responsible for administrative aspects of the implementation of programs and projects under the supervision of a program manager or division director. This role may work on any programs within the Asia division, but at this stage, is expected to be substantially involved in Pakistan-focused programs. The role plays a significant role in supporting the Division’s finance, compliance, and operations, reducing risk and liability, achieving full compliance with ABA and donor rules and regulations as well as applicable national law, and facilitating and enabling nimble and efficient operations management in the Division’s Asia-based programs. The Program Officer supports the Division in developing and monitoring program budgets; managing information and data across countries of operation; handling contracting processes; and providing general administrative backstopping for the Division. The Program Officer also drafts reports for project donors; assists with business development; conducts research on rule of law and human rights issues in Asia, particularly Pakistan; reviews and comments on English and Urdu-language deliverables from project consultants and subgrantees; and translates between Urdu and English for non-Urdu speaking colleagues as required.
Experience undertaking administrative responsibility for grant-funded international development programs, ideally in relation to the law and/or in Asia, is expected.
- Assists in the creation of elementary aspects of work plan development and tracks all aspects of program implementation;
- Participates in the development of proposals and supporting budgetary requirements;
- Provides support to the recruitment of workshop faculty and short- and long-term experts within an assigned area;
- Assists in the preparation and editing reports to and for funders;
- Accompanies study tours and assist with program organization and activities and supports the tour leader;
- Provides support to and is accountable for logistical arrangements for domestic and international events and is accountable for the preparation of relevant briefing materials;
- May participate in ABA ROLI representation domestically;
- Provides support in the development of M&E plans and programs;
- Participates in the preparation of information and materials provided to donors;
- Assigns, coordinates, and participates in research activities as assigned;
- Assists in all compliance efforts with ABA and other donor policies, practices, procedures, and regulations;
- Accountable for adherence to and compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act [FCPA];
- Monitors program finances and expenses, and updates funding charts;
- Conducts research related to ROLI initiatives;
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience;
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a program management capacity.
· Proficiency in written and spoken Urdu; knowledge of other Pakistani languages, particularly Pashto, would be an advantage;
· Prior experience and familiarity with the Pakistani legal system, government agencies, and civil society is strongly preferred;
· Experience living and working and/or studying in Pakistan is preferred;
· Experience planning travel and processing expense reports;
· Experience creating budgets is highly preferred;
· Experience with financial management of grant-funded programs preferred;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Strong organizational skills, impeccable written English, and attention to detail;
· Analytical problem-solving ability, self-direction, project experience, research and writing skills, and meeting planning experience;
· Ability to manage work on multiple programs at once in a fast-paced environment; and
working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
Please submbit your CV and cover letter along with your application