Through its various programs in Libya, ABA ROLI supports the participation of key Libyan stakeholders in the creation of a revised constitutional framework, effective national institutions, and the social, economic, and security conditions necessary for Libyans’ well-being. This Communications Advisor will work closely with both ABA ROLI staff and Libyan partners to achieve these objectives.
Under the guidance of ABA ROLI’s Senior Program Advisor and Program Officer in Tripoli, and in close coordination with Tunis-based ABA ROLI staff, this Communications Advisor will:
- Support the development of content for social media platforms. This includes:
- Developing Facebook and Twitter content explaining and highlighting developments related to democracy, governance, and rule of law;
- Mentoring staff to improve their ability to develop social media content and to post and track information;
- Support the development of YouTube content, including:
- Video recording and editing of digital material;
- Developing video content based on existing footage and pictures;
This is a contract position based in Tripoli, Libya.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication, social sciences or a related field required;
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience successfully managing the social media profile and activity for a private company, organization, or non-governmental organization;
- Demonstrated experience developing social media campaigns on Facebook to raise awareness and gather support for selected causes;
- Demonstrated experience recording videos, editing pictures and footage, and developing social media content via YouTube;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Familiarity with civil society and government strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team of professionals;
- A high level of patience and diplomatic skills;
- Ability to travel to AlBayda, Libya to support program activities.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Advisor” in the subject line.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.