The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Field Financial Manager for its DRC office to help manage ABA ROLI’s programs in the DRC.
The Field Financial Manager shall provide financial and administrative management support to ABA ROLI’s offices in the DRC. These duties will involve frequent interaction and coordination with U.S.-based grants managers and finance staff. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Having primary responsibility for the handling of office funds, including bank accounts and petty cash;
- Serve as the direct manager and in a supervisory role to the Finance Assistants;
- Assists the Country Director and COO with the financial administration and discharge of budgetary and accounting operations;
- Assists and advises on prераration of programmatic budgets, including budget narratives;
- Develops, submits, and maintains up-to-date financial records and vendor and other individual records on file;
- Prepares detailed monthly expense reports in QuickBooks;
- Ensures compliance with donor and ABA financial management and reporting requirements;
- Coordinates and liaises with U.S.-based grants managers and finance staff;
- Conducts monthly bank and cash reconciliations, and monthly cash forecasting;
- Administers procurement standards as established by ABA ROLI;
- Maintains files of all contracts, agreements, and supporting documents;
- Maintains inventory and property lists; and
- Tracks expenditures against approved budgets for projects.
- University degree in accounting, finance, or related field;
- Professional fluency in French (oral and written);
- Language skills in English; and
- Strong interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in financial management of U.S. government-funded programs
- Experience with financial management software and accounting spreadsheets, including QuickBooks and Excel
The Field Financial Manager must also be organized, detail-oriented, ethical, responsible, trustworthy, team player and possess the ability to use discretion when working with confidential documents and information.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.