The Africa Division Program Associate supports the Division’s finance, compliance, and operations. It is part of a team whose core mandate is to optimize financial management of Division resources reducing risk and liability; to achieve full compliance with ABA and donor rules and regulations as well as applicable national law; and to facilitate and enable nimble and efficient operations management in the Division’s overseas programs.
Under the supervision of the Division’s Deputy Director, the Program Associate supports the Division developing and monitoring program budgets and spending projections; monitoring monthly financial expenditures from overseas programs; managing information and data across countries of operation; handling contracting processes, and generally providing general administrative backstopping for the Division. The position may also provide administrative assistance for the Division Director.
- Implements one or more programs or projects, includes participation in program/project planning, and ensuring compliance with ABA policies;
- Analyzes project/program performance throughout the process to ensure projects move forward in a productive manner;
- Serves as a point of contact for projects; Communicates with member leaders and staff, including reporting on progress and results;
- Coordinates with others on joint projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (or equivalent experience);
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably in an association or non-profit setting;
- Analytical problem solving ability, self-direction, project experience, research and writing skills, and meeting planning experience;
- Fundraising or grant application experience is a plus.
- French Fluency is highly preferred.
- Experience creating budgets is highly preferred.
- Experience with financial management of grant-funded programs preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel;
- International experience and knowledge of the African region strongly preferred; knowledge of one or more regional languages helpful;
Please send you resume and cover letter to our website here
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.