The ABA Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Program Director to be based in Bogota, Colombia to oversee a program focused on the strengthening of the Judicial Training School.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the program and ensures that all programmatic requirements are being met/exceeded according to the ABA, ROLI, and grantor requirements;
- Maintains accountability for all timely, accurate, and compliant in-country programmatic monitoring and evaluation;
- Oversees and is accountable for the development and deployment of substantive programming and activities, including, but not limited to, project work plans, managing volunteer legal specialists and consultants, and convening, organizing, and participating in training opportunities within the host country;
- Establishes and enhances effective collaboration and relationships with local entities and partners to fulfill program objectives within cost constraints;
- Maintains proactive communications with ROLI leadership to ensure timely and accurate updates on program activities, achievements, and shortcomings. Creates and implements corrective plans to improve performance against appropriate standards in areas where program shortcomings are identified;
- Assists in identifying best practices derived from lessons learned;
- Collaborates with partners and local authorities to ensure that program and operations are compliant with local laws and regulations and, if required, have received all regulatory licensing/registrations prior to offering the program;
- Ensures compliance with all donor, ABA, federal, state, and local laws/regulations while managing the program(s). Ensures personal and program compliance with the FCPA;
- Provides leadership, coaching, counseling, feedback, performance appraisal, and, where appropriate, applies corrective actions to an assigned team;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- JD or foreign equivalent and 7-10 years of relevant experience;
- Experience managing and implementing US Government donor-funded international programs which must have included responsibilities for supervision of a team, financial management, and compliance;
- Fluency in Spanish and English in order to meet the technical and managerial requirements of the program and donor requirements.
- Previous experience in instructional legal education and training and/or managing programs related to training legal professionals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to: Nerea.Aparicio@americanbar.org
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.