ABA ROLI seeks candidates to fill one (1) Libya Judicial Program Manager position based in Tunis, Tunisia. The Program Manager (PM) will work with the Libya Country Director in the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of ABA ROLI’s judicial reform programs in Libya, including assisting with developing grant proposals, ensuring compliance with donor requirements such as producing quarterly and final program reports, participating in and providing technical assistance to program activities conducted by program partners, and maintaining a cooperative working relationship with program partners,. Our programming approaches include capacity building, pilot projects, and practical research to support policy reform.
- Manages the day-to-day organization, implementation, and evaluation of one or more programs or projects, including designing and planning projects, and ensuring compliance with ABA policies.
- Advises Libya Judicial / Human Rights Advisor and Country Director on strategy and procedures, including analysis of opportunities and risks, to ensure projects move forward in a productive manner.
- Serves as a point of contact for projects, both internally and externally. Initiates regular communications with the Libya Judicial/Human Rights Program Advisor Country Director, and program partners, including reporting on progress and results.
- Coordinates with other interested entities on joint projects, proactively seeking both internal and external partners.
- Reports to Libya Judicial / Human Rights Advisor and Libya Program Director on all operational, substantive, and strategic matters.
- Supervises one or more junior staff members, directly or indirectly, as appropriate to the project. Responsibilities may include recruitment, orientation, ongoing mentoring and annual performance evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university (or equivalent experience)
- Management and/or supervisory experience, preferably in an association or non-profit setting to include analytical problem solving ability, and programmatic and policy development
- Some research and writing skills, substantive budgeting experience
- Meeting planning experience a must
- Report writing experience
- Familiarity with the Libyan legal system, as well as the current political, economic, administrative, and socio-cultural context in Libya;
- Rule of law expertise in judicial reform and/or detention procedure reform;
- Experience working for an association, NGO, or other not-for-profit entity;
- Experience in implementing grant-funded development projects;
- Self-direction, project experience, substantive budgeting experience, and research and writing skills;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in both written and spoken standard Arabic.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.