The Program Officer monitors the financial performance of grants and provides advanced administrative and financial support to the Division Director, Program Manager and field-based staff. The Program Office supports the Division´s efforts on new business development through the entire application process, from concept development through presentation of proposals, as well as on reporting to donors.
- Assists in the creation of elementary aspects of work plan development and tracks all aspects of program implementation.
- Participates in the development of proposals and supporting budgetary requirements.
- Provides support to the recruitment of workshop faculty and short- and long-term experts within an assigned area.
- Assists in the preparation and editing reports to and for funders.
- Accompanies study tours and assist with program organization and activities and supports the tour leader.
- Provides support to and is accountable for logistical arrangements for domestic and international events and is accountable for the preparation of relevant briefing materials.
- May participate in ABA ROLI representation domestically.
- Provides support in the development of M&E plans and programs
- Participates in the preparation of information and materials provided to donors.
- Assigns, coordinates, and participates in research activities as assigned.
- Assists in all compliance efforts with ABA and other donor policies, practices, procedures, and regulations.
- Accountable for adherence to and compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act [FCPA].
- Monitors program finances and expenses, and updates funding charts.
- Conducts research related to ROLI initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- At least two (2) years of work experience in a program management capacity.
- Previous work experience in budget preparation and analysis for US Government donors.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficiency, if not fluency, in Spanish.
- Previous experience in working in a multicultural environment.
- Previous work experience overseas.
- Previous work experience in a not-for-profit, association, and/or NGO setting.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: https://www.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/abanet/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&job_id=12136
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html