Functions as the primary point of contact on Human Resources matters for ABA ROLI, providing directors, managers, and staff with guidance on human resources policies, practices, and solutions. The Manager will perform sourcing, recruiting, and acquisition of senior-level and technical positions. This position manages a team of Program Associates and will mentor and train them as needed. The Manager will implement ABA policies related to Human Resources and will review and recommend changes to current procedures.
- Accountable for the entire talent acquisition life cycle for internal and external candidates. Provides delegated oversight for the deployment and contracting of contingent workers.
- Provides preliminary coaching and counseling to employees seeking career advice and collaborates with Talent Management team to create learning paths for future career advancement.
- Represents the ABA at job fairs, community development activities, and professional symposia and ensures that all contacts made leave the recipients with a positive perspective of the Association and its missions.
- Facilitates the adoption and acceptance of the ABA’s diversity and inclusion goals, at the staff, member, and candidate levels.
- At the direction of the Deputy Director – Employee Relations conducts preliminary investigations into policy violations, interviews appropriate parties, and prepares draft findings for consideration.
- Drives diversity and challenges, where appropriate, hiring manager’s recommendation on hires.
- Provides business intelligence on talent acquisition and external pay practices which may impact the Association’s ability to attract, train, and retain talented staff members.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least six years human resources experience which must have included experience in one or more of the following areas: talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, employee/labor relations, talent development, and/or functioning as an HR generalist.
- At least three years’ experience in life cycle recruiting to include C-suite sourcing and recruiting.
- Previous experience recruiting senior level and technical positions in the international development field.
- Knowledge of donor compliance under USG and other donor agencies.
- Ability to identify and recruit top candidates by research and direct sourcing through networking, mining, and referrals.
- Possession of one or more HR certifications provided through the Society for Human Resources Management and/or WorldatWork.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.