Responsible for new business proposal development and providing programmatic, technical advice, counsel, and support to the international field offices and the DC staff in at least two of ROLI’s substantive reform areas, e.g., criminal law reform, access to justice, women’s rights, anti-corruption, environmental law.
- Responsible for the development, oversight, and management of special projects related to a particular substantive area.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and advisor/resource for DC and field staff, particularly for program and proposal development.
- Develops and assists in the coordination and management of US and field-based special events and regional workshops.
- Directs efforts to investigate and pursue program development/expansion opportunities and coordinates the development and maintenance of relationships with U.S.-based funders/partners. Assists in the development and maintenance of funder/partner relationships in the field.
- Supports the regional divisions in the identification, recruitment, and orientation of individuals to be posted in DC or in the field to relevant positions.
- Provides subject matter expertise as a speaker/presenter at international conferences/symposia, authors academic articles, pursues leadership roles in appropriate boards and committees, and participates in the international efforts to develop standards on rule of law reform.
- Manages relevant substantive practice group.
- Prepares U.S. and field-based assessments of draft law, concept papers, and research.
- Coordinates the implementation and management of relevant assessment tools and methodologies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or recognized foreign law school, or possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least ten years’ experience in one or more thematic areas.
- At least eight years’ experience in international development.
- Previous experience in implementing and/or managing human rights/rule of law programs, preferably within the LAC region
- Experience in new business proposal development, monitoring and evaluation, and research in relation to the rule of law/ human rights
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Previous work experience overseas, preferably in the LAC region
- Spanish proficiency
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to: https://www.recruitingcenter.net/Clients/abanet/PublicJobs/controller.cfm?jbaction=JobProfile&job_id=12147
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.