Senior Program Manager, Digital Economy, Innovation and Enterprise
- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- C2 or 3 remuneration under the Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF), depending on experience
The Inclusive Economic Growth Program is one of the three key program areas within the Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth Partnership. It focuses capitalising on mid- to long-term opportunities to broaden the PNG’s economic base and drive inclusive economic growth. The program supports PNG’s priorities to improve the business-enabling environment through engagement with the public and private sectors of PNG in the areas of:
• Fostering engagement with business, with a focus on engagement with the Government of PNG, peak bodies and international partners,
• Harnessing digital technology to expand and diversify PNG’s economy,
• Fostering an ecosystem of enterprise to pilot innovative solutions to private sector development challenges.
The Inclusive Economic Growth (IG) Program works with a range of stakeholders and implementing partners to deliver results against the priority areas highlighted above. Coordination with other initiatives within the broader PNG-Australia Governance Partnership is essential to ensure coherence and alignment of delivery.
Role Summary – Senior Program Manager, Digital Economy, Innovation and Enterprise
The Senior Program Manager will lead and manage a portfolio of projects to ensure they are implemented in accordance with annual work plans and milestone deliverables and international development standards. In particular, this role will manage the Digital Economy, Innovation and Enterprise Project as part of the broader Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth Partnership.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
The position will provide technical, strategic and management input to the Partnership to support design and implementation of programs and projects.
• Provide strategic and high-quality technical services to the planning, scheduling, design, commissioning and implementation of the EGIG Partnership’s annual work plan, Performance Assessment Framework and associated projects.
• Provide strategic guidance to the Partnership team to enhance technical support and coordination for programming across all partnership programs and activities, including support for implementing partners/grantees.
• Provide quality assurance for new and emerging programs across the Partnership by working across all areas (as required) to ensure that programs meet quality standards, are aligned with the strategic direction of the Partnership and are appropriately costed.
• Contribute to the quality of the Partnership’s overall performance and monitoring and evaluation framework (PAF), including portfolio monitoring and the mainstreaming of gender and inclusion throughout the relevant program PAF.
• Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships including Australian High Commission (AHC), Government of PNG and delivery partners.
• Provide verbal and written status reports as requested by the Partnership Director on the progress and achievement of the deliverables. This includes leading on drafting of program-specific inputs into EGIG milestone reporting,
• Coordinate and report against progress, including the completion of all facility reporting requirements and identification of remedial actions where necessary.
• Effectively track and manage key program milestones and risks.
• Provide accurate forecasts of expenditure and financial budgets for Partnership programming.
• Oversee inputs into facility-level performance assurance processes.
• Support the Partnership to develop the portfolio annual work plan.
• Ensure the Partnership delivery strategies address issues of women’s leadership, economic and physical security through supporting mainstreaming inclusion principles and strategies across all activities.
• Develop and maintain cross-functional working relationships with all facility partnerships and the Abt management platform.
• Undertake Performance Management and professional development of Partnership team members.
The successful candidate will bring:
· Bachelor-level qualifications in gender studies, social sciences, international development, project management, design, and evaluation, or other relevant disciplines.
· Technical and implementation experience in PNG with more than 5 years’ experience in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development program management.
- Exceptional rapport and inter-personal skills with ability to lead collaboration; strong people management skills with ability to coach and mentor; and ability to work in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
· Strong understanding of and ability to work within and/or influence government systems- both at national and sub national level.
· Demonstrated strong analytical and writing skills with proven high-level capability of producing quality planning, design and reporting products.
· Strong engagement skills with a wide range of government, non-government and donor organisations;
· Demonstrated ability to address and embed gender and social inclusion mainstreaming into Partnership program areas.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, gender and people with disabilities.
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 6 December 2020, (Midnight, local time).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.