Summary of Position
Fraym is looking for a high performer to join our business development team. This new Account Manager will focus on opportunities with foundations and global development agencies. Specifically, s/he will lead proposals, bring in prospects, track opportunities, manage relationships, and represent Fraym at meetings and events.
This person will help us improve the product and grow the revenue engine for a fast-growing, venture-backed company. The ideal candidate has three or more years of relevant experience. S/he will be able to take initiative and tackle a wide range of responsibilities. We will put the Account Manager in a position for significant career growth.
- Master Fraym’s product offerings, services, and potential impact. Be able to effectively articulate our unique value for development organizations focused on Africa.
- Put together proposals, pitches, and other business development materials and presentations. Coordinate teams and manage the proposal process. Maintain an extremely high level of quality throughout.
- Identify and track proposal opportunities and new prospects. Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of potential partners and Prime contractors.
- Contribute to sales and partnership meetings.
- Work with the technical team to learn, refine, and improve our product offerings for the global development space.
- Represent Fraym at appropriate events and meetings.
- Occasional domestic and international travel.
- Fraym is a fast-growing startup, and you should be ready and willing to pitch in on anything else that comes up.
- Successful experience with business development in the global development sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of one or more leading global development agencies.
- Track record of taking ownership and initiative in your previous roles.
- Excellent written English (with relevant examples to demonstrate writing quality).
- Desire to help development organizations be more effective using Fraym’s data and analysis. Commitment to grow the company and have an outsized impact on the development community.
- Familiarity with African geography, politics, and development issues. Working experience in Africa a big plus. Proficiency in French is also a big plus.
- Excellent academic credentials with a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Able to live and work in the Washington, DC metro area.
- Competitive salary, with performance- and target-based bonuses.
- Medical, dental, vision, etc.
- Opportunities for significant career advancement in a fast-growing startup.
About the Organization
Fraym was built to help fast-growing companies, development organizations, and government agencies succeed in Africa. Our best-in-class product weaves together household survey data and satellite imagery with proprietary machine learning algorithms to produce hyper-local insights across Africa. We use this comprehensive data platform to help development organizations understand and reach specific populations.
Until now, decision-makers had to rely on anecdotes, “gut feel,” or expensive primary data collection to make critical decisions. Fraym offers a better way. We provide data and customized analysis for investors, companies, foundations, development and government agencies.