Tetra Tech International Development Services seeks an Accountant to support the USAID-funded Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Program (JRUP). This program will support the efforts of the Government of Uzbekistan to develop rule of law, reform the judiciary, and improve the legal operating environment for NGOs and civil society organizations. Activities will contribute to locally-led development and self-reliance by providing input and expertise into the legislative reform process, the development of the legal profession, and facilitate strategic planning, including defining roles and paving the way for civil society development. Counterpart organizations will include the Ministry of Justice.
The Accountant will undertake work in Tashkent, Uzbekistan in support of JRUP. The Accountant reports to the Financial and Administration Assistant (FAM).
The Accountant’s primary responsibilities are aimed to serve as a member of Judicial Reform in Uzbekistan Program (JRUP) management team to support the Program’s financial administration and compliance with USAID regulations. Core responsibilities will include:
* Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
* Document financial transactions by entering account information.
* Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
* Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
* Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
* Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
* Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
* Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
* Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
* Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
* Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in accounting, finance or a related field.
* At least 4 years’ experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control.
* Prior experience with USAID, INL, or other donor-funded projects preferred.
* Ability to work in an ambiguous and rapidly developing environment, must be comfortable with constant change of local partners, and multiple, competing priorities.
* Fluency speaking, reading, and writing in Russian. Fluency in Uzbek and proficiency in English preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List: at least three professional references with complete contact information
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.