World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As an Accountant, you will perform a wide variety of regular and recurring moderately complex to complex accounting functions including establishing accounting records, maintaining the general accounting system, and recommending modifications based on new regulations or policies. This role will train customers in Accounting Standard Operating Procedures, as well as prepare aging and audit schedules. You will develop appropriate understanding of the international World Vision partnership and use this context to inform communications, actions, decisions, recommendations and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or the equivalent.
- A minimum of two years private/corporate accounting work experience; or if work experience is in public accounting, a minimum of one year.
- Has sufficient knowledge and experience in finance and accounting
- Demonstrates effective computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite, Lotus Notes, intranet and Internet, and various software applications and databases used in work efforts.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 24 Dec 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.