Chemonics seeks a full-time, fixed-term accountant/bookkeeper based in Berlin, Germany, for an ongoing early grade education and grants program supporting Syria. The accountant/bookkeeper will coordinate closely with the project management field office based in Berlin and the project management home office based in Washington, D.C. They will report directly to the project’s Chief of Party and/or a designee. The assignment will take place on/about November 20, 2018. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage financial accounting operations for the Syria Sub-Granting Management (Injaz) Program implemented by Chemonics, including procurements, payroll, and accounts payable
- Oversee field-office transactions in compliance with Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Legal authorization to work in Germany
- Completion of secondary school required; apprenticeship in commercial training or university degree in business management or accounting preferred
- Minimum one to two years of bookkeeping, financial management, or accounting experience in Germany; experience with large-scale international projects preferred
- Knowledge of accounting practices and of general best practices in Germany required
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members; visitors; partner institutions, including international and local NGOs, government entities, support organizations; and the public
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet applications required
- Experience using financial management applications such as ABACUS, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English required, German preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached to RecruitmentInjaz@chemonics.com, with “Accountant” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.