Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking an experienced Accountant for an upcoming six year donor-funded Program in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Cardno is an industry leader in providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services for multiple international donors. Cardno is currently providing Fiscal/Procurement Agent services in over 13 countries in Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe.
The Accountant, as part of the Fiscal Agent Team, will assist in the financial management of donor funds. The Accountant will execute day-to-day accounting activities of the Program. Specific responsibilities include:
- Process payment requests and payroll.
- Perform banking operations.
- Prepare payment instruments or instructions.
- Monitor budgets.
- Record financial transactions.
- Maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the fixed assets register.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reconciliations of Program funds.
- Prepare weekly financial reports.
- Execute tasks to comply with local tax laws.
- Assist in obtaining tax exemption or refunds.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, and in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly reports.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting functions such as: invoice and payroll processing, cash management, reconciliation, project accounting, and financial reporting
- Previous experience working on projects financed by international donors
- Strong skills in internal controls and international accounting standards
- Good understanding of local tax laws and compliances
- Experience working on projects in the energy sector related to diversification and efficiency optimization; increasing access to electricity; modernizing electricity transmission and distribution networks; or strengthening market forces in the sector is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field
- Fluency in French; Advanced English – reading, writing, and speaking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working on an automated commitment, budgeting and accounting system.
- Experience with SAP-based systems desirable
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.