This project will support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and Food for Peace (FFP) programs. OFDA and FFP implement programs and have management offices or warehouses around the MENA region.
This project will focus on establishing and undertaking independent third-party monitoring to increase OFDA, FFP, and partners’ understanding of the outputs, progresses, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects. It will support OFDA, FFP and their partners in effectively tracking assistance efforts, and to ensure aid is achieving its goals, the project will also solicit beneficiary feedback, improve the quality of partners’ data and monitor warehousing practices.
The Accountant will be stationed in Amman, Jordan. The Accountant is responsible for managing overall accounting and book keeping and ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards and MSI’s policies and procedures. Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to MSI HQ, cash flow management. This is a full-time position.
- Executing expenses.
- Monitoring, analyzing and operationalizing financial transactions.
- Preparing voucher payments and inputting all local accounting data.
- Checking of Summaries (vendors) and staff claims
- Data entry in Quick Books Accounting Software.
- Maintaining Petty Cash (including receipt and payment – including affixing PAID stamp)
- Maintaining Day Book.
- Verifying invoices for the purchase of good and services for the program.
- Preparation of daily and monthly cash reconciliation.
- Preparation of Monthly Bank Reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly fund request.
- Liaison with bank as and when required.
- Deposit monthly tax to Ministry of Finance Treasury in time.
- Supporting external auditor and Finance and Administration Specialist on balances and financial reports.
- Support Finance and Administration Specialist in preparation of monthly salary.
- Support Finance and Administration Specialist in preparation of monthly reports.
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are up to date in the accounting system. Regular finance data backup, archiving of the accounting record by weekly scanning and uploading on Egnyte and monthly dispatch of original records to MSI-HQ.
- Preparing and maintaining updated financial information for audits.
- Disbursement of monthly staff salary.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor(s)/management.
- Five years of experience in financial management in Jordan.
- Previous experience working on programs implemented in conflict zones.
- Proficiency and experience using MS Excel and QuickBooks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners and vendors.
- CPA or bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Experience with USAID funded project.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic is a must.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.