Accountant, USAID/Indonesia Harmoni, Jakarta, Indonesia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The four-year USAID-funded Harmoni activity will promote tolerance and inclusion and reduce the risk of violent extremism. Harmoni will focus support on interventions that are narrowly targeted towards communities and individuals most at risk of radicalization, with a mandate to build the resilience of key Indonesian institutions – governmental, civil society, religious, and community-based – that represent the frontline in preventing violent extremism in Indonesia.
**This is a full-time, long-term position based in the Harmoni headquarters (HQ) in Jakarta.**
**This position is open to Indonesia nationals only.**
**The deadline for applications is July 10, 2018.**
The project accountant is responsible for the internal financial management of the Harmoni office, including accounting of all expenses, management of bank accounts, coordination with MSI headquarters (HQ), and implementation of field staff financial reporting requirements.
- Manage project accounts in the QuickBooks accounting platform and coordinate financial management activities with HQ in an accurate, timely, and reliable manner.
- Lead financial management and reporting according to USAID, US Government (especially ADS, AIDAR, FAR) and Indonesian Government policies and procedures.
- Generate official documentation to support balances and declarations to be presented.
- Support the senior finance manager with payroll and related financial mangement activities.
- University degree in accounting or financial management.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience as an accountant and bookkeeper, preferably for an international program or organization.
- Fluency with accounting software applications, in particular QuickBooks.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Ability to work well within a team, and to complete multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Strong initiative and teamwork skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.